SCREEN READER ACCESSIBILITY ANALYST
Full and part time positions available.
Working from our Offices in Llandarcy, Neath.
To assist in testing web products in line with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Responsible to: Accessibility Services Team Manager
- To assist in testing clients’ web products to assess accessibility using a range of screen reader assistive software, e.g. JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver on iPhone, Talkback on Android.
- To help produce a status report post testing of each web product, detailing accessibility status according to the findings.
- To conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- To undertake learning as necessary, identified through regular reviews and annual appraisal.
- To assist in representing Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC) in promoting its work and services.
- To adopt, implement and share best practises.
- To maintain effective communication with team members and management.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as mutually agreed with management.
The post holder must agree to maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other DAC business. The work is of a confidential nature and information received or gained must not be divulged to other persons other than in the course of carrying out your duties. The post holder must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
Health & Safety
All staff must comply with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst at work. Staff are also required to co-operate with their employer to enable them to perform or comply with any statutory provisions.
Equality & Diversity
It is the responsibility of each member of staff to comply with the Equality & Diversity policy in force at the DAC. The key responsibilities for staff under this Policy are laid out in the DAC Code of Conduct.
This job description is intended to provide an outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The Post Holder will be required to be flexible in developing their role in conjunction with their line manager. The Post Holder may be asked from time to time, to carry out other delegated duty or task that is broadly in line with their post.
- Familiarity of assistive technologies hardware and/or software. E.g. JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver on iPhone, Talkback on Android or a willingness to learn.
- Positive outlook and clear focus on high quality output.
- Empathetic communicator. Ability to communicate effectively through written media.
- Excellent face-to-face communicator. Ability to demonstrate the skills to produce high quality client reports and feedback.
- Ability to work under time constraints, to pre-determined deadlines.
- Good organisational, time management and analytical skills. Positive response to disabled people.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word and Outlook.
- Good understanding of computer systems.
- Ability to practise Inclusion.
- Understanding of the practical application of web standards.
How to apply