We have an opening for a Technical Team Support Officer to join our team at our offices in Llandarcy, Neath.
About the Role
In your role as Technical Team Support Officer, you will provide support to our user testing team and Technical Auditors in order to facilitate the smooth running and timely delivery of audits.
The post is based at Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC), Llan Coed House, Llandarcy, Neath, SA10 6FG, with occasional remote working subject to business requirements.
- To support the user testing team with IT related issues.
- Work closely with the Technical Auditor throughout each audit to ensure that all tasks in the audit checklist are completed to the required level in a timely manner.
- Preparation and delivery of detailed instructions to team members on user journeys and URL’s, prior to each audit.
- To support the testing team throughout each audit, and escalate any issues during testing to the appropriate Technical Auditor in a timely fashion.
- Once testers complete on each job, you will be required to:
- Check that completed scripts contain all required information.
- Format and grammar check completed scripts.
- Provide completed scripts to the Technical Auditor.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that all documents are stored in the required locations.
- To manage own time effectively and to complete all set tasks on time whilst adhering to quality standards.
- To conduct yourself in a professional manner and provide appropriate feedback to visiting clients and to management on your specific areas of expertise.
- To remain abreast of developments in the area of web product accessibility.
- To undertake, learning as necessary, identified through regular reviews and annual appraisal.
- Some limited travel may be required to accompany team members in order to provide support, as necessary, and help set up equipment.
- To represent DAC in promoting its work and services.
- To adopt, implement and share best practises.
- To maintain effective communication with team members and management.
- To be conversant with DAC procedures and policies and to comply with the same.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as mutually agreed with management.
The post holder must agree to maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other DAC business. The work is of a confidential nature and information received or gained must not be divulged to other persons other than in the course of carrying out your duties. The post holder must meet the requirements of the Current Data Protection legislation (GDPR updated Data Protection Act - May 2018) at all times.
Health & Safety
All staff must comply with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst at work. Staff are also required to co-operate with their employer to enable them to perform or comply with any statutory provisions.
Equality & Diversity
It is the responsibility of each member of staff to comply with the Equality & Diversity policy in force at the DAC. The key responsibilities for staff under this Policy are laid out in the DAC Code of Conduct.
This job description is intended to provide an outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The Post Holder will be required to be flexible in developing their role in conjunction with their line manager. The Post Holder may be asked from time to time, to carry out other delegated duties or tasks that are broadly in line with their post.
Technical Team Support Officer - Person Specification
- Significant previous experience of working with computers.
- Fully proficient using Microsoft Windows 10 and associated applications, with significant experience of working with Microsoft Teams, Word and Outlook in particular.
- Experience of working with web-based collaborative platforms such as SharePoint.
- Ability to motivate themselves and work on own initiative.
- Positive outlook and clear focus on high quality output.
- Ability to critically assess own performance.
- Empathetic communicator.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written medium.
- Excellent face-to-face communicator.
- Ability to demonstrate the skills to assist with producing high quality client reports and feedback.
- Ability to work under time constraints, to pre-determined deadlines.
- Good organisational, time management and analytical skills.
- Positive response to disabled people.
- Ability to practise Inclusion.
- Good working knowledge of assistive technologies.
- Clear understanding of the practical application of web standards.
Why work for the Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC)?
The Digital Accessibility Centre is a Social Enterprise – limited by guarantee and operating on a not-for-profit basis.
We work with clients to create digital media that is accessible to all members of a population, and meets best practice accessibility standards and legislation.
We have been in operation for ten years and currently employ 62 staff.
DAC are a National Living Wage Foundation accredited employer.
Most of our employees are people with disabilities and some have over 17 years’ experience in the field of Digital Accessibility on multiple platforms.
Our business is……Digital Product Accessibility