We have an opening for an Animator/ Video Editor to join our team at our offices in Llandarcy, Neath.
About the Role
In your role as Video Editor, you will provide video editing services for Digital Accessibility Centre's (DAC) clients and the DAT eLearning Platform.
The post is based at Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC), Llan Coed House, Llandarcy, Neath, SA10 6FG, with occasional remote working subject to business requirements.
Closing date for applications:
The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 19th November 2021.
- To support the Development Team by providing video editing services.
- Direct DAC team members for the purpose of creating eLearning material.
- Provide animation based on already established content.
- Creation of digital animated characters to integrate into eLearning and web-based technologies.
- Edit and render content from pre-recorded content.
- Required to annotate video content.
- Provide closed captioning for the video they edit and produce.
- To manage own time effectively and to complete all set tasks on time whilst adhering to quality standards.
- To remain abreast of developments in the area of video editing.
- To undertake learning as necessary, identified through regular reviews and annual appraisal.
- To maintain effective communication with team members and management.
- To conduct themselves in a professional manner and provide appropriate feedback to visiting clients and to management on your specific areas of expertise.
- To represent DAC in promoting its work and services.
- To adopt, implement and share best practises.
- To be conversant with DAC procedures and policies and to comply with the same.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as mutually agreed with management.
The post holder must agree to maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other DAC business. The work is of a confidential nature and information received or gained must not be divulged to other persons other than in the course of carrying out your duties. The post holder must meet the requirements of the Current Data Protection legislation (GDPR updated Data Protection Act - May 2018) at all times.
Health & Safety
All staff must comply with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst at work. Staff are also required to co-operate with their employer to enable them to perform or comply with any statutory provisions.
Equality & Diversity
It is the responsibility of each member of staff to comply with the Equality & Diversity policy in force at the DAC. The key responsibilities for staff under this Policy are laid out in the DAC Code of Conduct.
This job description is intended to provide an outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The Post Holder will be required to be flexible in developing their role in conjunction with their line manager. The Post Holder may be asked from time to time, to carry out other delegated duties or tasks that are broadly in line with their post.
Animator/ Video Editor - Person Specification
- Demonstrable working experience/ excellent understanding of computer systems including the Windows 10 platform.
- Prior Camtasia (v9.0+) experience on windows platform.
- Prior Adobe Creative Suite experience, with concentration on Premier Pro, After Effects, Character Animate and Animation.
- Must be able to provide animation and annotation to videos to appropriate standards and guidelines.
- Empathetic communication skills.
- Excellent face-to-face and video conferencing communicator.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written media.
- Ability to motivate themselves and work on own initiative.
- Good organisational, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints, to pre-determined deadlines.
- Positive outlook and clear focus on high quality output.
- Ability to critically assess own performance.
- Positive response to disabled people.
- Ability to practise Inclusion.
- Knowledge of closed captioning techniques.
- Prior experience in web compression and media encoding for MPEG files.
- Prior Adobe Animate experience on windows platform.
- Prior experience with online learning environments.
- Proof-reading skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written medium.
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows 10 associated applications, including Microsoft Teams, Word and Outlook in particular.
- Some HTML and Web Development knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of assistive technologies.
- Clear understanding of the practical application of web standards.
Why work for the Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC)?
The Digital Accessibility Centre is a Social Enterprise – limited by guarantee and operating on a not-for-profit basis.
We work with clients to create digital media that is accessible to all members of a population, and meets best practice accessibility standards and legislation.
We have been in operation for ten years and currently employ 62 staff.
DAC are a National Living Wage Foundation accredited employer.
Most of our employees are people with disabilities and some have over 17 years’ experience in the field of Digital Accessibility on multiple platforms.
Our business is……Digital Product Accessibility