We have an opening for a Screen Magnification Accessibility Analyst to join our team at our offices in Llandarcy, Neath.
About the Role
In your role as Screen Magnification Accessibility Analyst, you will assist in testing web products in line with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
User Testing Team Manager
The post is based at Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC), Llan Coed House, Llandarcy, Neath, SA10 6FG, with occasional remote working subject to business requirements.
- To assist in testing clients’ web products to assess accessibility using a range of assistive software, e.g. Zoomtext, Windows Magnifier, as applicable.
- To help produce a status report post testing of each web product detailing accessibility status according to the findings, with particular focus on ensuring that your written findings are presented accurately, and demonstrating excellent attention to detail at all times.
- To conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- To undertake learning as necessary, identified through regular reviews and annual appraisal.
- To assist in representing Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC) in promoting its work and services.
- To adopt, implement and share best practises.
- To maintain effective communication with team members and management.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as mutually agreed with management.
The post holder must agree to maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other DAC business. The work is of a confidential nature and information received or gained must not be divulged to other persons other than in the course of carrying out your duties. The post holder must meet the requirements of the Current Data Protection legislation (GDPR updated Data Protection Act - May 2018) at all times.
Health & Safety
All staff must comply with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst at work. Staff are also required to co-operate with their employer to enable them to perform or comply with any statutory provisions.
Equality & Diversity
It is the responsibility of each member of staff to comply with the Equality & Diversity policy in force at the DAC. The key responsibilities for staff under this Policy are laid out in the DAC Code of Conduct.
This job description is intended to provide an outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The Post Holder will be required to be flexible in developing their role in conjunction with their line manager. The Post Holder may be asked from time to time, to carry out other delegated duties or tasks that are broadly in line with their post.
- Familiarity of assistive technologies hardware and/or software. E.g. Zoomtext, Windows Magnifier, or a willingness to learn.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability to work under time constraints, to pre-determined deadlines.
- Good organisational, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately through written media, demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate the skills to produce high quality client reports and feedback.
- Positive outlook and clear focus on high quality output.
- Empathetic communicator.
- Excellent face-to-face communicator.
- Positive response to disabled people.
- Ability to practise Inclusion.
- Good understanding of computer systems.
- Clear understanding of the practical application of web standards.
Why work for the Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC)?
The Digital Accessibility Centre is a Social Enterprise – limited by guarantee and operating on a not-for-profit basis.
We work with clients to create digital media that is accessible to all members of a population, and meets best practice accessibility standards and legislation.
We have been in operation for ten years and currently employ 62 staff.
DAC are a National Living Wage Foundation accredited employer.
Most of our employees are people with disabilities and some have over 17 years’ experience in the field of Digital Accessibility on multiple platforms.
Our business is……Digital Product Accessibility